Disclaimer: I received Under Armour’s HOVR Sonic running shoes to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro(ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
My first shoe review! WOOHOO!!!
If you’re a runner, shoes are your #1 gear go to. When I decided I was going to “try running” I knew finding the best shoes I could would help me start my journey. A couple years into it, and I’m still branching out and trying new shoes.
The Under Armour HOVR has some SWEET tech built in that I was super excited to get to try:
Do your shoes do this?!
Bluetooth connectivity! Say what?! Yep! Your shoes will connect with your phone. Realtime measurement of your pace, distance, cadence and stride length! That’s just the tip of the iceberg. The design is such that the mesh upper really hugs your foot and conforms to your needs. Do I wish the toe box was a bit wider? Yes. But that’s with almost every shoe I try (something I’m fairly passionate about – my toes need room!). The foam cushion is nice a springy and responsive. It’s not super plush like some of those maximum cushioning shoes out there, but the cushion is nice for quite a number of miles. I could see myself using these up to a half marathon. Personally, I need a bit more plushness for the long haul of 26.2.
To talk a bit more about the tech – there’s an app for that! Map My Run, by Under Armor. This app is great to track your run and really watch your progress along the way!
Overall, I’d say this is a SOLID breakthrough in wide-spread tech for runners. Comfortable, responsive, LIGHT (9.6oz)…. This shoe should be a must for 2018.
Here’s some more details:
- DIGITALLY CONNECTED: (UA.com & Brand House Exclusive!) UA’s Record Sensor™ technology tracks, analyzes & stores virtually every running metric so you know exactly what you need to do to get better
- UA HOVR® technology provides ‘zero gravity feel’ to maintain energy return that helps eliminate impact step after step
- Compression mesh Energy Web contains & molds UA HOVR® foam to give back the energy you put in
- Microthread upper dries fast & provides a breathable, compression-like fit that delivers lightweight directional strength & unmatched comfort to help you go the distance
- Ventilated midfoot panel increases breathability
- Unique tongue construction is attached to the footbed by stretchable support wings to maintain a snug fit throughout the foot
- External TPU heel counter for additional support & structure
- Removable, anti-microbial Ortholite® sockliner molds to the foot for customized comfort & cushion
- Blown rubber under the forefoot is lightweight yet incredibly responsive
- High-abrasion rubber placed under the heel to help absorb ground contact
- Offset: 8mm
- Weight: 9.6oz
Lace up and head out! Check out more on their website!
Make sure to follow Under Armour on the socials!
Check out the Under Armour HOVR Sonic blog reviews of some other of the BibRave Pros!